Our Strata training course provides students with the knowledge of PC components, functionality, compatibility and related technologies they need to get ahead in their careers.
The CompTIA Strata IT Fundamentals course ensures knowledge of PC components, functionality, compatibility and related technology topics. This course provides an in-depth explanation of technology and computer hardware basics, compatibility issues and common errors, software installation and functions, security risks and prevention.
This course prepares students for the CompTIA’s FCO-U41 Strata certification which validates a wide range of subjects in information technology (IT). Students and professionals holding a Strata certificate demonstrate that they have the knowledge required to enter and excel in IT and technology-related fields. Strata exams validate knowledge in several IT subjects, including Green IT, Technical Sales and PC concepts.
Prerequisite(s): No prerequisites. CompTIA Strata is a fundamentals course, however we do recommend students have basic keyboarding and computer skills, and be comfortable navigating the internet.
By the end of this course, you will be able to:
• Identify the fundamentals of the visual PC and its operating system
• Comprehend the basics of storage and networking
• Identify components of the PC and the use of the PC and Peripherals
• Comprehend the principles of Green IT including electrical safety and disposal of computer equipment
• Comprehend the principles basic computer troubleshooting and security
Whether you're a seasoned professional, or are considering launching a new career in Information Technology, our Strata training course will equip you with the tools you need to succeed.
Tuition assistance is available. Please chat with an advisor to learn about our financial assistance programs.
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be prepared to sit for the CompTIA Exam FCO-U41: CompTIA Strata certification exam.
I. CompTIA Strata Module 1- Understanding Computer Hardware
a. Processing and Memory
d. Input and Storage Devices
e. Core Input Devices
f. Internal and External Storage Devices
g. Peripherals and Networking
h. Peripheral Devices
i. Networking Protocols
II. CompTIA Strata Module 2- Computer Set-Up and Maintenance
a. Setting Up a Computer
b. Desktop Computer Form Factors
c. Connecting PC Components
d. Use of the PC and Peripherals
e. Maintaining a Computer
f. Cleaning a Computer
g. Preventing Damage
h. Preventing Data or Service Loss
i. Managing Files and Folders
j. Using Software Tools for PC Maintenance
III. CompTIA Strata Module 3- Installing and Updating
a. Installing and Configuring Software
b. Configuring the Operating System
c. Updating the Operating System
d. Installing Applications
e. Removing Applications
f. Updating or Upgrading Hardware
g. Evaluating a Computer for Upgrade
h. Installing Upgrades
IV. CompTIA Strata Module 4- Troubleshooting and Security
a. Troubleshooting Operational Problems
b. Start-up Failures
c. Operating System Error Messages
d. Device Failure
e. Security and Access Control
f. Understanding Hacking
g. Understanding and Preventing Malware Attacks
h. Safe, Legal, and Green Computer Usage
j. IT Related Laws
k. Energy Efficient Server Usage and Personal Computing
l. Energy Conservation in Business IT
Course Access Time
Students are given 6 months to complete the program. Extensions are available if needed, fees may apply.
This class supported by an Educational Mentor. Our educational mentors have worked or are working in the subject they mentor. Educational Mentors reviews student work, student progress, and interacts with students as needed. They respond to any questions or concerns you might have, as well as encouraging and motivating you to succeed.
Students need access to a computer, Internet access and basic computer skills – ability to use a keyboard, web browser, email, etc.. They should be high school graduates or equivalent with the ability to read and write English.
The intended audience for this program is individuals who are interested in preparing for the CompTIA Strata exam.
• Broadband or high-speed internet access is required. Broadband includes DSL, cable, and wireless connections.
• Dial-Up internet connections will result in a diminished online experience. Moodle pages may load slowly and viewing large audio and video files may not be possible.
• Windows hardware configurations and processors are acceptable
• Mac computers MUST have Microsoft Window Operating Systems over Bootcamp (Bootcamp is a free download from Apple's website)
• 1 GB RAM minimum recommended
• Operating Systems
-Windows XP, Vista or 7 and Mac OS X 10 or higher with Windows
• Web Browsers
-Google Chrome is highly recommended
-Internet Explorer is not recommended as it may not display certain menus and links
• Cookies MUST be enabled
• Pop-ups MUST be allowed (Pop-up Blocker disabled)
• Kindle Reader App
• Adobe PDF Reader
• Media Plug-ins (These may be required depending on your course media.)
• Adobe Flash Player
• Adobe Acrobat Reader, Apple Quicktime, Windows Media Player, &/or Real Player
• PowerPoint Viewer
The following textbooks will be provided to each student upon registration:
• CompTIA Strata Study Guide Authorized Courseware: Exams FC0-U41, FC0-U11, and FC0-U21 By: Andrew Smith and Faithe Wempen
Frequently Asked Questions
- How do I find the price of a course?
- First, select the course you are interested in. Next, select
the “Register for this course” button on the
right-hand side of the screen. On the next page, you will see the
price of the course at the top of the page.
- Does World Education.NET offer Career Coaching and Assistance?
- World Education.NET’s Career Services Department is dedicated to providing hands-on guidance throughout the entire student experience, from pre-registration to job search. Find out more about our career coaching and services.
- What types of payment do you accept?
We accept credit or debit cards, as well as wire transfers from
your bank via PayPal. If you do not have a PayPal account you can
open one free by registering at www.PayPal.com.
We also provide payment plans and low interest loan options. Please contact an Admissions Advisor at or call our Toll-Free number (855) 201-6910 for more information.
- What types of financial assistance do you accept?
- TFC Tuition Financing Loans
In partnership with TFC, we are pleased to offer a low down-payment, low interest loan, with the option of a co-signer. Loans from TFC require 10% down with a 9.99% interest rate for a period of nine months. Automatic payment is required. To obtain financing, browse our catalog and click the "Apply for Financial Assistance" button during checkout to begin the process of financing your online education.
World Education.NET Payment Plan
World Education.NET offers our students a 4 part Payment Plan for our Certificate Programs. The Payment Plan requires 25% down plus a one-time $15 administrative fee. The Payment Plan spreads the cost of your course over the first 4 months of your enrollment. A credit check is not required. You just simply fill out the form and make your down payment. Once your down payment is made, you will be granted course access. Your next payment will be due 30 days later. Automatic payments via credit card or bank transfer are required. To begin the process of obtaining financing for your online education, please download and follow the instructions in our payment plan form:
Download Payment Plan Application
For more information on financial assitance options, please contact or call our Toll-Free number (855) 201-6910.
- What is your refund policy?
A full refund minus the cost of any completed coursework will be made to any student who cancels their program within 72 hours (until midnight of the third day excluding Saturdays, Sundays and legal holidays) after they have been given access to their program.
If applicable, any shipped materials must be returned in new condition at the student’s own expense prior to the refund being processed. The cost of items not returned or returned in used condition shall be deducted from the refund amount.
For any program paid for by a 3rd party, including state or federal funds and a refund is issued; refunded monies may not be returned to the student directly.
- I don’t have a credit card, how can I pay for my course?
We offer bank wire transfers directly from your bank account
through PayPal. Please contact us for assistance by using our Live
Chat, email us at or
call directly to (855) 201-6910.
- How do I register for a course?
Click on the course you are interested in taking and on the
right-hand side of the screen you will see an orange
“Register for this course” button. On the next screen,
complete the required contact information and select the
“Proceed to the next step” button at the bottom of the
page to continue. The next page is your payment options. Once your
payment has been processed, we will email you your classroom
access instructions to begin your studies. If you need any
assistance registering for a course, please send an email to or
call directly to (855) 201-6910.
- Where are these courses offered?
- Our courses are offered through accredited colleges and
universities. All of our courses are completely online. You will
never be required to attend a brick and mortar classroom and you
can complete your entire course from the comfort of your own home
- What skills do online learners need?
Most courses require a basic level of computer skills, including
the ability to send and receive e-mail, as well as research on the
Internet. If more advanced skills are required, they will be
listed in the course description. If you are uncertain, we
recommend that you discuss the skills required for a course with
our Student Services Team using our Live Chat, email us at or
call directly to (855) 201-6910.
- How do students interact with instructors?
- All courses are taught by instructors who provide support for
students usually through the online classroom and e-mail. The
instructor is responsible for facilitating student-tutor
discussion, as well as answering students’ questions and
reviewing and grading assignments and exams.
- Do I need an e-mail account for my online course?
- Yes, all students taking online courses must have an e-mail
account. E-mail accounts may be obtained by signing up for a free
account through GMail, Yahoo! or Hotmail.
- When it says a course is 200 hours long, does that mean I have
to sit at my computer for 200 hours?
- No, it means that the author of the course has stated that he
or she expects you to be able to complete the course in 200 hours.
This time frame may include homework, research, reading, or in
some cases, additional development and reflection time.
- What are the advantages to online learning?
- With online learning, you can study from home or work. You can
log on and off as often as you need to, and the course will pick
up right where you left off. Also, you only learn what you want to
know. Lastly, the courses are Web-based, so you can log on from
any computer that has access to the internet.
- What kind of certificate do I get when I have completed the
- Once you have completed your course, a Certificate of
Completion will be sent from the accredited college or university.
- Who do I contact if I have a problem with my course?
If you encounter any difficulties, you should always contact your
instructor first, but if that is unsuccessful you can e-mail .
- If I have questions about a course, who can I contact?
Our Admissions Advisors are ready to assist you with career
counseling and would be happy to assist you with answering any
questions about a course you are interested in taking. You can use
our Live Chat, email us at or
call directly to (855) 201-6910.
- I am located in a country outside of the United States and
would like to enroll in a course. What do I do?
Anyone is welcome to enroll in our online courses. Our international websites include a focus on diplomas and international topics. To view these courses, visit our website at www.gatlininternational.co.uk. We also offer courses in Spanish www.gatlininternational.es.
- What are the qualifications for enrolling in any particular
- On the course page, under the “Additional Info” Tab
there is a section titled “Prerequisites”. If you need
prior skills or knowledge before starting a course they will be