Strata Training from World Education
Our Strata training course provides students with the knowledge of PC components, functionality, compatibility and related technologies they need to get ahead in their careers.
This CompTIA Strata course provides you with an in-depth explanation of technology and computer hardware basics, compatibility issues and common errors, software installation and functions, security risks and threat prevention.
It also prepares you to sit for the CompTIA’s FCO-U41 Strata certification exam which validates your knowledge and competency in a broad range of subjects in information technology (IT).
Strata certification demonstrate your knowledge and prepares you to enter and succeed in a wide range of IT and technology-related fields.
There are no prerequisites for this Strata training course, however, we do recommend that you have basic keyboarding and computer skillst.
Upon completion of this course, you will be able to:
· Identify the fundamentals of the visual PC and its operating system
· Comprehend the basics of storage and networking
· Identify components of the PC and the use of the PC and Peripherals
· Comprehend the principles of Green IT including electrical safety and disposal of computer equipment
· Comprehend the principles basic computer troubleshooting and security
Whether you're a seasoned professional, or are considering launching a new career in Information Technology, our Strata training course will equip you with the tools you need to succeed. Simply click on the Register for this Course button located on this page to get started learning today.
Other IT and Software Development courses from World Education:
CompTIA Strata Module 1
Understanding Computer Hardware
- Processing and Memory
- Input and Storage Devices
- Core Input Devices
- Internal and External Storage Devices
- Peripherals and Networking
- Peripheral Devices
- Networking Protocols
CompTIA Strata Module 2
Computer Set-Up and Maintenance
- Setting Up a Computer
- Desktop Computer Form Factors
- Connecting PC Components
- Use of the PC and Peripherals
- Maintaining a Computer
- Cleaning a Computer
- Preventing Damage
- Preventing Data or Service Loss
- Managing Files and Folders
- Using Software Tools for PC Maintenance
CompTIA Strata Module 3
Installing and Updating
- Installing and Configuring Software
- Configuring the Operating System
- Updating the Operating System
- Installing Applications
- Removing Applications
- Updating or Upgrading Hardware
- Evaluating a Computer for Upgrade
- Installing Upgrades
CompTIA Strata Module 4
Troubleshooting and Security
- Troubleshooting Operational Problems
- Start-up Failures
- Operating System Error Messages
- Device Failure
- Security and Access Control
- Understanding Hacking
- Understanding and Preventing Malware Attacks
- Safe, Legal, and Green Computer Usage
- IT Related Laws
- Energy Efficient Server Usage and Personal Computing
- Energy Conservation in Business IT
- Course Length
- 110.00 hours
- Duration of Access
We offer open enrollment in which students can sign up for this certificate course at any time. Proceed as fast or slow as they want, but must complete the program in a maximum of 12 months. Extensions are available for a small fee if additional time is needed.
This class supported by an Educational Mentor. Our educational mentors have worked or are working in the subject they mentor. Educational Mentors reviews student work, student progress, and interacts with students as needed. They respond to any questions or concerns you might have, as well as encouraging and motivating you to succeed.
- Requirements/Materials Included
· CompTIA Strata Study Guide Authorized Courseware: Exams FC0-U41, FC0-U11, and FC0-U21 By: Andrew Smith and Faithe Wempen
- Broadband or high-speed internet access is required. Broadband includes DSL, cable, and wireless connections.
- Dial-Up internet connections will result in a diminished online experience. Moodle pages may load slowly and viewing large audio and video files may not be possible.
- Windows hardware configurations and processors are acceptable
- Mac computers MUST have Microsoft Window Operating Systems over Bootcamp (Bootcamp is a free download from Apple's website)
- 1 GB RAM minimum recommended
- Operating Systems
- Windows XP, 7, or 8 and Mac OS X 10 or higher with Windows
- Web Browsers
- Google Chrome is highly recommended
- Internet Explorer is not recommended as it may not display certain menus and links
- Cookies MUST be enabled
- Pop-ups MUST be allowed (Pop-up Blocker disabled)
- Kindle Reader App is needed for many of our courses (No special equipment needed. This can be downloaded onto your computer.)
- Adobe PDF Reader
- Media Plug-ins (These may be required depending on your course media.)
- Adobe Flash Player (Required for many of our career courses and ALL of our IT courses.)
- Adobe Acrobat Reader, Apple QuickTime, Windows Media Player, &/or Real Player
- PowerPoint Viewer (Use this if you don't have PowerPoint)
**Outlines are subject to change, as courses and materials are updated.**
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be prepared to sit for the CompTIA Exam FCO-U41: CompTIA Strata certification exam.