Believe it or not many people don’t get out of school during the holiday break! Most college students take their finals this week and then are done until the middle of January. Some will decide to take mini-sessions or even online courses over these breaks to increase their knowledge or really reach that goal for 2015 to finish school and find a new career. Whatever your reason for going to school over the holidays, this busy season provides many distractions from your studies. To help you stay focused on your goals, here are some holiday study tips to help you stay on target while not missing out on the fun too!
- Stay on a schedule: You have a schedule already, but make sure to modify it around holiday events and family visits. Make sure you carve out time every day to do your work or get some study time in. This way you will not feel so far behind when January rolls around! I find it best to get up early in the morning to get things done and out of the way, but if you are more of a night person then after everyone is asleep take time to do some homework.
- Take Breaks: Whatever holiday you are celebrating make sure and take those big days off. Spend that day with your family and keep the computer and books closed! Go and celebrate the New Year with friends and family without having to think about math problems or an essay. Again if you are doing something every day leading up to these big days it will not hold you back if you take the entire day off.
- Clear your mind: Those invitations are piling up, your family is asking you what you will bring, and you also find yourself surfing through Amazon for gifts. Phew! The best thing to do is write down what you want to think about later after you are done with your studies. Put all of your ideas, thoughts and concerns on a paper fold it up and put it in a drawer to look at later.
- Reward yourself: This is so important once you hit a milestone you have set. Reward yourself with a night at the movies, dinner with friends, time with family or even a nap! Make sure your rewards are not counterproductive to your goals but will help you push through until the end.
- Stay healthy: It can be very tempting to indulge in a ton of holiday treats! Eating sugary and fatty foods can drag your metabolism down and kill your energy levels. Sometimes taking a 30 minute walk or run can help clear your head and get you focused. Also, make sure you are getting enough rest as well. All-nighters do not help before exams or getting a big project done. It leaves you exhausted the next day and will keep you from pushing forward.
Staying focused during the holidays is difficult but with a clear commitment to your goals the work you do now will pay off in the end when you find that dream career! The World Education.net family wishes you Happy Holidays! We are here to help your success, so if you want to find out more on our career training programs go to www.worldeducation.net/about or call 855-201-6910.
Be sure to bookmark or subscribe to our blog to get the latest updates.
“Holiday Study Tips” by World Education.net is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.